AGROSCOPE. Bâtiment de restauration et de conference
Agroscope campus is organized along a regular grid composing a compact built form.
The design proposal for the new canteen is a round pavilion which is strategically located at the entrance of the site, where it stands, like a hinge, between the existing building (offices and laboratory) and the new main building of future construction. A new sequence of independent buildings, linked by an ample green corridor qualifying the campus space, is thus created.
The new pavilion is settled on the lower ground level unfolding around a central patio, which serves as the campus core while creating an informal space able to trigger social relations. It is a place shared by the diverse activities of the campus which is however available for parties and events related to research activities.
The patio in entered through a porch opening towards the main path, linking all the buildings, along the North- South axes.
Meanwhile, the pavilion opens towards the surrounding countryside thanks to large windows marking the outer facade and offering transparency of view and optimal lighting to the interiors.
- Posieux, Fribourg (CH)
- Office fédéral des constructions et de la logistique (OFCL)
- Privileggio_Secchi architettura
- Nicolò Privileggio, Marialessandra Secchi,
- Manuel Clasadonte, Stefano Ivaldi
- Ing Mario Gallinaro, civil engineering
- E.C. Engeneering s.r.l., MEP engineering
- Maria De Castro F.S. Teles, landscape architecture