GARE CHATEL-ST-DENIS Déplacement de la gare de Châtel-St-Denis et valorisation des terrains alentours
Invited planning study
Chatel St. Denis is a small country village, yet a few minutes far from Lausanne and Fribourg by railway .
A new planned interchange station (railway / bus) offers the opportunity to realise an urban densification program, mainly based on high-standard dwellings, in close proximity to the landscape. We proposed to create a bridge-station suspended over a new urban “piazza” at the lower level.
The piazza is defined by the new buildings and animated by shops and cafes at the ground floor. It also hosts six bus stops and it is essentially a wide multi-purpose surface which integrates pedestrian flows, bikes and bus circulation by means of a slight moulding of the ground. The bridge station allows the piazza to expand underneath in order to reinforce the continuity of the urban space on both sides of the railway.
- Chatel-St-Denis (CH)
- Commune de Châtel-St-Denis TPF - Transports publics fribourgeois
- Privileggio_Secchi architettura
- (architecture and urbanism)
- Nicolò Privileggio, Marialessandra Secchi, Matteo Motti
- Stefano Ivaldi, Anton Sagal
- Luca della Lucia (traffic engeneering)