INTERNATIONAL IDEAS COMPETITION URBAN PARK IN THE FALCK AREAS
Resticted Competition - First prize
S-Parkling is a park located along the old rail tracks of the industrial machine. With its sinuous shape it forms the spine of a large transformation area.
To regenerate the 150 hectares of the decommissioned steel plants we propose an open process impacting the site through the implementation of pilot situations and giving rise to a gradual colonization of the industrial precinct.
The S shaped park occupies the less polluted site – as it was always used for the distribution of goods within the industrial plant – and it is a goal achievable in a short period. It guarantees the link between the est and west of this vast area within the urban fabric of Milano metropolitan region and is represents a possible kick-off of the whole transformation process.
The basic image of this large transformation process is that of a completely new ground. A new grid frame – oriented in the same direction of the region water table – is the flexible tool for lot subdivision: it introduces new settlements criteria allowing the organization of major works of soil reclamation. Different parts of the city are thus created according to the reclamation scenarios. They will fit the diverse building opportunities guaranteeing a mix of compatible activities and uses.
- Sesto San Giovanni - MI (IT)
- Comune di Sesto San Giovanni
- ASNM - Associazione Sviluppo Nord Milano
- S-parkling ad hoc group:
- Alessandro Alì, Andrea Boschetti, Nardo Goffi, Antonio Longo, Nicolò Privileggio, Marialessandra Secchi, Paola Vigano (team leader)
- Fabio D'Agnano, Andrea De Stefanis, Marcello Fodale, Chiara Nifosì, Massimo Santanicchia, Barbara Soro
- Winy Maas (Landscape),
- Mariano Sartore, Sergio Dinale (Economic feasibility)