Invited planning study
Gruyéres, one of the most popular icon of the traditional Swiss village, is a very crowded tourist destination all over the year.
The planning study focuses on reorganizing cars and pedestrian accessibility to the village, which is located at the top of a small and isolated hill, while the design of a new car park of 230 places outside the ancient wall is a relevant part of the requested program.
Our design proposal for the new car park foresees a very compact and regular volume partly carved into the sloop of the hill. The volume configures the existing topography creating a terraced garden on the top, a balcony which opens towards the landscape. A space where visitors can take a rest and contemplate the spectacular scene of the mountains.
- Commune de Gruyeres
- Privileggio_Secchi architettura
- (architecture and urbanism)
- Nicolò Privileggio, Marialessandra Secchi, Matteo Motti
- Claudio Bonfanti, Manuel Clasadonte, Roberta Crivellari, Stefano Ivaldi, Alice Mento, Anton Sagal
- Maria De Castro F.S.Teles (landscape)
- Luca della Lucia (traffic engeneering)
- Mario Gallinaro – MG progetti (civil engeneering)