MEP PROJET D’AGGLOMERATION FRIBOURG
Invited planning study
Fribourg, is a mid-size European city developing at a fast pace.
The proposed scenario for a sustainable development of the agglomeration envisages a city that is able to work on its own structure preserving its actual footprint.
In contrast with the demand for new residential “additions”, the scenario proposes a process of intensification of density towards the inner structure, relaying on a new definition of relations between built and open space and providing a new set of public and collective spaces.
The strategic use of densification process organizes a new system of centralities able to enhance the life of the neighbourhoods, diversifying the social composition and fostering a new mix of programs. At the same time the densification program enhance a new mobility system deeply grounded in the use of urban railways, “soft mobility” and public transport, dramatically reducing the demand for individual motorized mobility.
- Fribourg (CH)
- Agglomération de Fribourg
- privilegio-secchi architettura
- Nicolò Privileggio, Marialessandra Secchi, Matteo Motti, Federica Ponti, Francesco Mariani
- Antonio Buonsante, Sergio Facchetti
- Irene Curulli (environment)
- Luca della Lucia (traffic engeneering)